We’ve made it to the final week of the Inspire Challenge for the month of September! Only five more challenges to complete your month of making other people smile! So here they are without further ado…
1. Send an unexpected thank you: You can call it, text it, Facebook it to someone from your past, handwrite it or if you have access to a plane you could write in the sky. But the BEST kind of thank you is the one that is unexpected. We all have received the generic “Thanks for coming to my ____. I will definitely use the ____ that you gave me. I am so happy to have someone like you in my life. Sincerely, ____.” This time around surprise someone with your thank you!
2. Share music with someone: Technology makes it very easy to send a link to a music video or create a playlist on Spotify and share it. This week, make someone’s day through music. Tell them that these songs reminded you of him or her. You could even have a song ready to go in your car when a friend hops in. Jam out, sing your heart out and share it with someone you care about!
3. Write a recommendation on LinkedIn: It doesn’t take long to write a few sentences about someone you respect professionally. It may help them land a job, a new client or just make them feel good that you took the time to say nice things about them.
4. Get a co-worker coffee: You know those mornings when everyone is dragging. Maybe there is a lull in activity at the office or you’ve been up 10 hours already and have two more left in your shift. Walk to the coffee maker and make a co-worker coffee. Or you could pick up an extra latte on your way to work OR you could even bring him or her your favorite travel mug with your special blend from home. Any way you choose to perk up your co-worker will be appreciated!
5. Send a card for a Make-A-Wish child: This one is near and dear to my heart. Chris and I have been volunteers for the Make-A-Wish Foundation for many years and have seen so many small gestures make a huge impact. This week make or buy as many cards as you can for children that are battling life-threatening illnesses. You can do one of two things. One, tell them you are rooting for them while they are in the hospital. You can include jokes, words of encouragement, cool websites for children to play/learn on and anything else you would like to brighten a child’s day. Two, get them PUMPED UP for their trip. A lot of kids go to Disney World so talk about Mickey Mouse or your favorite attraction there. Or it can be generic about traveling and taking the best vacation ever. Throw in some stickers too if you have some lying around.
Once you make your cards you can mail them to your local Make-A-Wish office. Here is the address to the Make-A-Wish® Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana office:
Make A Wish Foundation
Attn: Allison Loper
7330 Woodland Drive, Suite 201
Indianapolis, Indiana 46278
Also, be sure to LIKE them on Facebook HERE!